Critical infrastructure describes the physical and cyber systems and assets that are so vital to the United States that their incapacity or destruction would have a debilitating impact on our physical or economic security or public health or safety. The nation's critical infrastructure provides the essential services that underpin American society.
The Critical Infrastructure Association of America, Inc. (CIAOA) is a 501(c)6 not for profit shining lights into the dark places of security.
Our mission is to be a vendor-neutral resource to protect and promote the United States vital interests through a collaboration of public and private partnerships, education, and related resources.
To reach these goals we will;
- Facilitate a secure technology member and provider marketplace.
- Increase awareness and education across the ecosystem
- Promote innovation at the edge of the network to prevent, detect, and mitigate automated, and targetted attacks.
- Collaborate with technical communities domestically and globally.
Who we serve;
- financial services (banking, clearing);
- security services (police, military)
- electricity generation transmission and distribution;
- gas production, transport, and distribution;
- oil and oil products production, transport and distribution;
- water supply (drinking water, waste water/sewage, stemming of surface water (e.g. dikes and sluices));
- agriculture, food production and distribution;
- heating (e.g. natural gas, fuel oil, district heating);
- public health (hospitals, ambulances);
- transportation systems (fuel supply, railway network, airports, harbors, inland shipping);